Electricite de France SA (EDF) is an integrated electricity company. It has operations in the generation, transmission, distribution, energy supply, trading, energy services and other related services. The company produces electricity using nuclear, hydro, gas, fuel oil, coal, and renewable sources. EDF also carries out hydrocarbon exploration and production, waste recovery, gas supply, provides energy and environmental services, and manages heating and cooling networks, produces renewable energies, and industrial utilities. The company serves various residential, commercial, industrial, local authorities, companies, and professionals in Africa, Asia, North America, Europe, and other regions.
EDF Innovation Lab works in partnership with institutes, financial, and startup organizations across North and South America to find disruptive technologies and form local partnerships, and to effectively expand into new markets, businesses, and services.
EDF Pulse collaborates with start-ups, small office/home office (SOHOs), and SMEs to co-develop innovative solutions. The innovation body assists startups in accessing new markets, financing, and helps in the development of novel solutions.
EDF Energy’s Blue Lab is an innovation accelerator that promotes transition to a sustainable, low carbon environment through the development of new technologies and business models.
The report provides information and insights into EDF’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- EDF Energy has a long-standing partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) for maintenance and application services and transforming its business operations by introducing significant changes in its back-office operations, front office customer contacts, and overall IT activities.
- EDF Energy continued to improve its digital offerings, while its app penetration has increased from 17% to 33% over the course of 2020. EDF targets startups that share similar mission and vision in power sector and provides them with an open innovation platform to get their ideas operational, and boost product and solution development.
- EDF is leveraging remote-controlled robots to monitor nuclear power plant operations in real-time and for predictive maintenance. EDF Energy has adopted drone technology into their asset inspections to cut downtime, reduce risk, and increase business efficiency.
- EDF Energy introduced VR to deliver health and safety training for employees who operate and maintain their nuclear power plants and reduce downtime.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into EDF’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investment and acquisition strategies.