The medical devices sector is undergoing a seismic shift towards a preventative model of care by marrying MedTech with the internet of medical things (IoMT). A crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic has only emphasized the need. The sector, which once majorly catered to hospitals and diagnostic centers, has shifted its focus towards the end consumer who is increasingly demanding more preventative, personalized, and ’hospital at home’ kind of care delivery.
Emerging technologies are changing the facet of the sector across the value chain with intelligent R&D, industry 4.0, advanced diagnostics, and remote health. Medical device manufacturers are revamping their R&D models by integrating technologies like AI, IoT, and 3D printing into the development phases of medical equipment to assess performance and deliver patient-centric healthcare.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the medical sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
- Theme Exposure Map: presents the top themes impacting the sector over the last three years compared to other sectors.
- Patent Filings Chart: displays the top ten themes in the sector with the highest number of patent filings over the last three years.
- Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
- Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
- Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Reasons To Buy
- No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term ’emerging technologies’ has all of the sudden became the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
- The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
- Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
- The innovation landscape report in medical devices, published by GlobalData as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the medical devices sector value chain.