Equinor ASA (Equinor), formerly Statoil ASA, is an energy company. It focuses mainly on the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). The company also has operations in several of the important oil and gas provinces in the world. Equinor operates refineries, processing plants, storage and terminals, and has interests in various oil and gas pipelines. The company markets, trades, and transports crude oil, condensate, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products. It also has presence in offshore wind, carbon capture and storage, solar and hydrogen projects.
In June 2019, Equinor entered into three-year agreement as a digital futures partner of Aberdeen Science Centre to support digital transformation and STEM education.
In 2017, Equinor launched a digital center of excellence, which focuses on handling digitization efforts across the company through six digital programs: safety, security and sustainability, subsurface analytics, next- generation drilling and wells, field of the future, data-driven operations, and commercial insight.
In 2018, Equinor introduced Digital Academy, which focuses on training its workforce on digital technologies such as AI, data, data science, machine learning, programming, and cybersecurity helping them enhance their core skills.
The report provides information and insights into Equinor’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Equinor has made a significant business commitment to digitalization and broadly implementing new digital solutions across its value chain. Its digital initiatives includes Omnia its internal data platform that empowers Equinor’s digital ambition through journey to the cloud, creating a culture for sharing data.
- Equinor is tapping into innovative technologies including IoT, robotics, AI, and data science, which helps automating drilling operations and inspection of oilfields. Equinor also makes digital investments through its technology venture arm, Equinor Ventures.
- Equinor has built a strong data strategy and is investing in technologies like AI and analytics to drive digital transformation in the organization. In 2020, Equinor made a considerable investement in digital technology to improve its operational capabilities.
- Equinor is exploring the use of digital twin, a virtual model of unmanned production facilities that enables onshore users to explore offshore assets and help Equinor in remote operation and management of its unmanned offshore fields.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Equinor’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies of Equinor.