The Boeing Co (Boeing) is an aerospace company that designs, develops and manufactures commercial and military aircraft and space, defense and security systems. The company provides various models of aircraft and business jets for commercial purposes and trainer aircraft, rotorcraft and tilt-rotor aircraft, tanker aircraft, anti-submarine aircraft, and other attack aircraft and helicopters for military purposes. It also designs, develops, manufactures, and integrates weapons, defense systems, launch systems, and satellites. The company also provides logistics support, maintenance, training, modifications, data analytics and information-based services. It serves government and commercial customers throughout the world. The company has operations across North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific.
Launched in November 2017, Boeing HorizonX India Innovation Challenge 1.0, is aimed at accelerating aerospace innovations in India. The challenge in collaboration with India’s startup T-Hub, invited innovative Indian startups to propose their solutions addressing challenges in the areas including - Autonomous systems, advanced manufacturing, industrial IoT, Analytics, AI and machine learning.
In July 2017, Boeing has partnered with 1776 to support tech startups across Middle East and North Africa. Under this partnership, Boeing will sponsor Challenge Cup Dubai, one of 75 local pitch competitions of 1776’s Challenge Cup, which aims identify innovative technology startups addressing challenges in complex, regulated industries.
In October 2019, Boeing and Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) have launched a two-year investment programme to support start-up companies in the UK aerospace industry. Boeing aims to invest ?2m over the two-years.
The report provides information and insights into Boeing’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Boeing is leveraging several emerging technologies to improve its operations and draw meaningful insights from data. Boeing is building and training machine-learning algorithms to identify patterns in data and make better recommendations. It is leveraging AI to automate complex jobs to improve productivity, quality and safety while helping to meet delivery schedules.
- Boeing has partnered with several technology companies to leverage their emerging technologies. For instance, Boeing partnered with SparkCognition, a cognitive computing company, to form SkyGrid, and build a robust airspace management software platform to ensure the safe, secure integration of air vehicles.
- As part of its business transformation, Boeing is focused on technology development. Across Its commercial, defense, business aviation and aviation markets, Digital Solutions & Analytics platform helps enhance operational efficiency with software and mobile applications.
- Boeing uses robotics and automation in its manufacturing including drilling countersink holes on planes’ exterior; robotic painter in production of 777 models; deploying co-bots in assembly process of its 737-component production system; leveraging AI technologies to support fuselage section assemblies for its 787 models.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Boeing’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investment and acquisition strategies of Boeing.