Starbucks Corp (Starbucks) is a specialty coffee retailer. It roasts, markets and retails specialty coffee. The company, through its stores, offers several blends of coffee, handcrafted beverages, merchandise, and food items. Starbucks also offers whole bean and ground coffee, readymade drinks, snacks, and other beverages. Its brands include Teavana, Evolution Fresh, Starbucks Reserve, Princi, Seattle’s Best Coffee and Ethos. The company, through its owned and licensed stores, has presence in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The company operates roasting, manufacturing facilities, warehouse, and distribution facilities in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Washington in the US; and China.
Established in 2018, SDV, an in-house incubator for digital initiatives, to expand its reach in digital space. The unit acts as an independent business, to accelerate the pace of project development to market.
Starbucks established the Tryer Innovation Center, which acts as an incubator, allowing its employees to test new ideas and scale them into actionable prototype in less than 24-48 hours, to understand how the solutions might work in their business process.
The report provides information and insights into Starbucks’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Starbucks is connecting coffee with digital data and is tapping the power of data and predictive analytics to support a range of operational activities, including choosing store locations.
- Starbucks is leveraging AI, machine learning, big data, analytics and IoT technology to accelerate digital transformation and enhance customer experiences and operational efficiencies. Starbucks’ internal AI platform, Deep Brew, allows it to innovate and experiment with machine learning technologies to customize drive-thru experience for customers and automate inventory management and preventive maintenance through its IoT connected machines.
- The Digital Flywheel strategy, announced in 2017, focuses on the following four essentials: Mobile Order and Pay, Mobile Payments, Mobile Loyalty Program, and Personalizing Services to Customers.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Starbucks’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies of Starbucks.