The study covers the major segments of the home automation market, including -
- Lighting controls.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls.
- Energy management controls.
- Entertainment controls.
- Security controls.
- Integrated (i.e., multifunction) controls.
The study addresses the major enabling technologies for the various types of home automation products, such as -
- User interface devices.
- Actuators and output devices (e.g., dimmers, automated window coverings, dampers).
- Wiring and networking devices.
The study format includes the following major elements -
- Executive summary.
- Home automation functions.
- Enabling technologies.
- Market environment (e.g., economic conditions, consumer attitudes).
- Current (2020) and projected markets for home automation technologies and products through 2026.
- Developers and suppliers of home automation products.
- Key patents.
- The report focuses on the U.S. market.
- 24 tables
- An overview of the U.S. market for home automation and security technologies
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, 2023 and projection of CAGR through 2026
- Evaluation of market size and forecast, and detailed analysis of drivers, challenges, and opportunities affecting market growth
- Explanation of home automation functions and enabling technologies for home automation, and description of controllers along with comparison between hardware-based controllers and software-based controllers
- Description of small stand-alone devices and complex smart home networks, and discussion on their ability to tie numerous electric devices located around the house to a programmable computer brain
- Details about devices and technologies of automated energy management systems and information on wireless technologies such as ZigBee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi and INSTEON
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and comprehensive company profiles of major players including Powerline Control Systems Inc., Echelon Corp., General Electric Co., Microsoft Corp., and Honeywell International Inc.