IT Services Global Industry Guide - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Global IT Services industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- The IT services industry is valued as the combination of the business process outsourcing (BPO) services market, the application services market and the infrastructure services market. Values include revenues generated from (a) signed deals that remain under contract and (b) new contracts signed within that particular calendar year.
- The BPO services market is defined as the reveues from services related to the following segments: customer relationship management (CRM), finance and accounting, human resources, knowledge process outsourcing, and procurement and supply-chain.
- The application services market is defined as the revenues from services related to the following segments: application development, application management and application performance monitoring.
- The infrastructure services market is defined as the revenues from services related to the following segments: cloud computing, data center & hosting services, IT management, security and storage.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- COVID-19: The assumption has been made that after the pandemic is over the global economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen in 2008 due to announced financial support packages from governments around the world. At the time of the preparation of this report, the economic implications of national and local lockdowns of many economies are difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemic will last, nor how many industries will be forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental aid involved.
- The global IT services industry had total revenues of $1,327.7bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9% between 2016 and 2020.
- The infrastructure services segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $809.6bn, equivalent to 61% of the industry’s overall value.
- Due to a number of high-level cybersecurity threats and the interconnected nature of network technologies, cybersecurity has become critical for many businesses.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global IT Services industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global IT Services industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key IT Services industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global IT Services industry with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global IT Services industry by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global IT Services industry in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global IT Services industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global IT Services industry?