Air Freight Global Industry Guide - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Global Air Freight industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
- The air freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by air.
- Units of volumes are measured in freight ton-kilometers (FTK). Air freight volumes, consisting of freight, express, and diplomatic bags, include both domestic and international freight which for the purposes of this report are counted at each flight stage.
- Value represents the revenue obtained by airline companies from freight transportation. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- COVID-19: Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China where announcements made by governments stated that the largest impacts of the pandemic may last a further six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemic by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in February 2021 the economic implications of the lockdowns of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemic could last, nor the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental aid involved.
- The global air freight sector had total revenues of $107,895.2m in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.4% between 2016 and 2020.
- 2020 has been a very bad year for the air freight sector due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Store closures and massive disruptions in global supply chains due to COVID-19 damaged the air freight sector’s value and volume in 2020
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global air freight sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global air freight sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key air freight sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global air freight sector with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global air freight sector by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global air freight sector in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global air freight sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global air freight sector?