Our "Australia Coal Mining to 2025 - Updated with Impact of COVID-19" provides a comprehensive coverage on the Australian coal mining industry. It provides information on coal reserves, reserves by country, historical and forecast data on coal production, consumption, exports and coal prices. The report further includes a demand drivers section that provides information on factors that are affecting the country’s coal mining industry. The report also covers the country’s mining regulatory framework. It also profiles major coal producers, information on the major active, planned and exploration projects.
After a slight increase in 2019, Australia’s coal mine production fell by 5.5% to 557.8 million tonnes (Mt) in 2020. In addition to the COVID-19 pandemic, several other factors, including bushfires, heavy rainfall, unplanned maintenance, pit sequencing and planned production cuts, affected production in 2020. Although the country’s coal sector witnessed strong demand during the first half of 2020, the second half was restrained with China-Australia trade war resulting in production cuts from key producers. The country’s production over the forecast period (2021-2025) is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5%, to reach 613.5Mt in 2025. Thermal coal production is expected to grow at a 3.2% CAGR, to reach 403.7Mt, while metallurgical coal production is expected to grow at a 4% CAGR to reach 209.8Mt.
- The report contains an overview of the Australia coal mining industry including key demand driving factors affecting the Australian coal mining industry.
- It provides detailed information on reserves, reserves by country, production, competitive landscape, major operating mines, major exploration, and development projects.
Reasons To Buy
- Comprehensive evaluation of the impact of COVID-19 on Australian coal industry
- To gain an understanding of the Australian coal mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on Australian coal production
- To identify key players in the Australian coal mining industry
- To identify major active, exploration and development projects in Australia