Exelon Corporation (Exelon) is a utility services holding firm. It has operations across complete energy value chain, including energy sales, power generation, and distribution and transmission. The company produces electricity using nuclear, natural gas, oil, wind, hydro, solar, and biomass sources; and purchases electricity through long-term power purchase contracts. Exelon also provides energy products and services to the residential, public sector, and business customers in the US and Canada. The company supplies electricity and natural gas to industrial, residential public authorities, commercial and electric railroads, and other customers across Maryland, Illinois, Delaware, Virginia, District of Columbia,, New Jersey, and Philadelphia.
Exelon is placing AI and data analytics at the center of its approach to analyze data from internal and external data sources and generate real-time insights to predict failures, improve equipment performance, optimize schedule maintenance, minimize operating costs for utilities and respond to storm-related outages.
As part of its 2030 electrification plan, Exelon focusing on customer awareness, up-front costs, technology and infrastructure and to optimize energy consumption to cater to changing energy landscape. It is planning to electrify 30 % of utility vehicle fleet by 2025 and 50% by 2030 which in turn help them in minimizing greenhouse gas emissions and saving gallons of fuel. With a fleet of more than 7,200 vehicles and 6 electric and gas utilities, it advances transportation electrification to benefit consumers.
The report provides information and insights into Exelon’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, and Investments.
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Exelon is tapping into key disruptive technologies including AI, mobile, legacy transformation, machine learning, blockchain, big data, IoT, data centers, digitalization, robotics, electric vehicles, drones, smart grid, virtual energy marketplace, and augmented reality to boost operational efficiencies, improve product offerings, and enhance the customer experience.
- To revive their business prospects in COVID, Exelon is strengthening its digital culture through key technology hires, innovation programs, and digitizing its workspace. They hired chief information and chief digital officer for developing digital strategies, and support of IT systems, and drive growth.
- Exelon Utilities introduced an Analytics Academy in collaboration with Coursera to empower its employees with personalized analytical learning and help them to make data-driven decisions.The academy has three phases: awareness, adoption, and learning and focuses on leadership, talent, and learning to deliver the digital learning experience for users and community for setting up Data & Analytics CoP and external networks.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Exelon ’s power operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships of Exelon.