What is the Current Status of Global Market for Virtual Power Plants?
According to this analysis, global virtual power plant market was valued at US$xx million in 2020 and is projected to reach at a market value of US$xx million by 2031. Global market is expected to grow at a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period 2021-2031. VPP is a relatively new yet appealing idea that requires extensive study in order to be implemented. This paper offers a systematic overview of the literature on various VPP meanings, elements, and their relationships. An analysis of various optimization strategies seeks to enhance either the VPP structure or the VPP operation under consideration.
Huge demand for virtual power plants in the global market
Many countries have projects in the pipeline, and more are planned to be completed in the near future. VPP models are expandable and modular models. As long as VPP models are used to benefit consumers, the potential for expansion into emerging technology is enormous, with the customer taking centre stage and playing an active role in the VPP. Furthermore, synergies in VPP business models are based on aggregators, so there is space for more research in this field
Cyber security is becoming increasingly important
In the VPP business model, cyber security is becoming increasingly important. The dangers are real, with a slew of players vying for access to some of the best-protected resources in the energy sector. According to research done on threats and cyber-attacks, the energy sector is the second most attacked sector on the planet.
Digitalization of the energy sector by virtual power plants
When it comes to the fact that the future is digital, the energy industry is no exception. Electricity supply is experiencing a paradigm change, similar to many other aspects of our culture, not only on a national, but also on a global scale. We are finally turning away from massive, fossil-fuelled power plants and toward smaller, decentralised units that are connected together through digitalization opportunities – which are rapidly expanding. Virtual Power Plants (VPPs) are agents of a democratic change in power supply, redistributing responsibility to society.
As a key player in virtual power plant, it is important for you to remain up to date with news surrounding COVID-19 and the energy industry
Thankfully, you don’t have to look any further. The key player has collated important virtual power plant industry updates from across the country. With the scale of the COVID-19 pandemic, no sector has been left unaffected. This is true for the energy industry. The last few months have seen a shift in rules and regulation surrounding commercial market. It is important to stay abreast to the market activities to get an edge over competitors in the global virtual power plant market.
You need to discover how this will impact the virtual power plant market today, and over the next 10 years:
- Our 525-page report provides 321 tables and 324 charts/graphs exclusively to you.
- The report highlights key lucrative areas in the industry so you can target them – NOW.
- Contains in-depth analyse of global, regional and national sales and growth
- Highlights for you the key successful trends, changes and revenue projections made by your competitors
This report tells you TODAY how the virtual power plant market will develop in the next 10 years, and in-line with the variations in COVID-19 economic recession and bounce. This market is more critical now than at any point over the last 10 years.
Delivers exclusive COVID-19 variations economic data specific to your market.
Forecasts to 2031 and other analyses reveal the commercial prospects
- In addition to revenue forecasting to 2031, our new study provides you with recent results, growth rates, and market shares.
- You find original analyses, with business outlooks and developments.
- Discover qualitative analyses (including market dynamics, drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges), cost structure, impact of rising energy prices and recent developments.
This report includes data analysis and invaluable insight into how COVID-19 will affect your industry. Four COVID-19 recovery patterns and their impact, namely, V, L, W and U are discussed in this report.
Market Segmentation by Component (COVID Impact Analysis)
- Energy Generation Technology
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Market Segmentation by Energy Generation Technology (COVID Impact Analysis)
- Wind Based Energy Generation
- Small Hydro-Plants
- Solar Production
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Small Power Plants
- Other Energy Generation Technology
Market Segmentation by Information Communication Technology (ICT) (COVID Impact Analysis)
- Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Distribution Management System (DMS)
- Smart Meters
- Other Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Market Segmentation by Energy Storage Technology (COVID Impact Analysis)
- Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
- Supercapacitor Energy Storage (SCES)
- Super Conductor Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES)
- Hydraulic Pumped Energy Storage (HPES)
- Flywheel Energy Storage (FWES)
- Other Energy Storage Technology
Market Segmentation by End-User (COVID Impact Analysis)
- Industrial VPP
- Commercial VPP
- Residential VPP
- Other End-User