Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 33.4% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (14.3%) and mining, manufacturing and utilities (12.6%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are forecast to grow by 5.8%, 5.7% and 3.3%, respectively in 2021.
London, South East UK, North West UK, and East of England contributed 56.3% to the country’s GDP in 2018 and were home to 47.6% of the UK’s population, as of 2019, according to Eurostat
- The US, Germany, The Netherlands, and Spain were the top investors in the country in 2019
- The FTSE 100 index has exhibited an upward trend over the past year. As of March 16, 2021, the FTSE 100 index stood at 6,749.7, compared to 5,151.8 on March 16, 2020.
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.