Global water and wastewater treatment chemicals demand stood at 12.245 Million Tonnes in 2020 and is forecast to reach 17.7 Million Tonnes by 2030, growing at a healthy CAGR of 3.55% until 2030. Water and wastewater treatment chemicals are the chemicals that are used for the treatment of water after it undergoes primary usage domestically or industrially. Water and wastewater treatment chemicals are used for several applications such as boiler water treatment, cooling water treatment, and membrane water treatment. Based on product type they can be segmented into biocide, coagulant and flocculant, corrosion and scale inhibitor, pH adjuster, and others. Water and wastewater treatment chemicals have several properties including cleaning, disinfecting, pH adjustment, etc. As water is recycled in many industries, there are several end-use industries of water and wastewater treatment chemicals including oil and gas, mining, pulp and paper, chemical and fertilizer, pharmaceutical, municipal, textile, and food and beverage. Limited availability of water for industrial applications coupled with increasing awareness about water treatment is expected to drive the demand for water and wastewater treatment chemicals for the forecast period. The major sector of demand rise remains oil and gas.
In 2020, the spread of COVID-19 in major global economies caused nationwide lockdowns which had an impact on several industries. This had an impact on the demand for water and wastewater treatment chemicals for the first half of 2020. The demand for water and wastewater treatment chemicals grew during the coronavirus pandemic due to increasing awareness about clean water usage. The demand for oil and gas decreased during the pandemic therefore, the demand for water and wastewater chemicals from this segment fell during the coronavirus pandemic.
Region-wise, Asia-pacific region holds the major share of global demand for water and wastewater treatment chemicals due to the increasing demand of end-use industries such as oil and gas, power, mining, pulp, and paper, etc. Moreover, increasing population and per capita income in emerging economies like India and China coupled with the growing number of industries using water and wastewater treatment chemicals is another factor influencing demand growth in the Asia Pacific region.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Period: 2015-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2030
This report will be delivered on an online digital platform with one-year subscription and quarterly update.
Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of water and wastewater treatment chemicals which covers production, demand and supply of water and wastewater treatment chemicals market globally.
- To analyse and forecast the market size of water and wastewater treatment chemicals.
- To classify and forecast global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market based on technology, end-use and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of water and wastewater treatment chemicals.
Major players for water and wastewater treatment chemicals globally include Kemira Oyj, Thermax Ltd, ION EXCHANGE (I) Ltd, GE Water & Process Technologies, BASF-SE, Dorf Ketal, Chembond India Ltd, SNF Floerger, duPont de Nemours and Company, Goldcrest, Shandong Taihe Water Treatment Technologies Co., Ltd., Shandong XinTai Water Treatment Technology Co., Ltd
To extract data for global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market, primary research surveys were conducted with water and wastewater treatment chemicals manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers and end users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, ChemAnalyst was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, ChemAnalyst analyzed various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for Global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market over the coming years.
ChemAnalyst calculated water and wastewater treatment chemicals demand globally by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering imported water and wastewater treatment chemicals, prices, materials used for production of water and wastewater treatment chemicals . ChemAnalyst sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by ChemAnalyst.
Key Target Audience:
- water and wastewater treatment chemicals manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to water and wastewater treatment chemicals distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as water and wastewater treatment chemicals manufacturers, customers and policy makers. The study would also help them to target the growing segments over the coming years (next two to five years), thereby aiding the stakeholders in taking investment decisions and facilitating their expansion.
In this report, global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by End Use- Oil and Gas, Mining, Pulp and Paper, Chemical and Fertilizer, Pharmaceutical, Municipal, Textile, and Food And Beverage
- Market, by Type-Biocide, Coagulant and Flocculant, Corrosion and Scale Inhibitor, pH Adjuster
- Market, by Sales Channel-Direct/Institutional Sales, Indirect Sales
- Market, by Region-North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, South America
With the given market data, Chemanalyst offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.