Global Textile chemicals demand stood at 1.13 Million Tonnes in 2020 and is forecast to reach 1.90 Million Tonnes by 2030, growing at a healthy CAGR of 5.35% until 2030. growth in the apparel industry coupled with rising disposable income is the major driver for the forecast period.
Textile chemicals are the chemicals that are used in the dyeing and processing of textiles to attain desired properties like color, mechanical strength, etc. Textile chemicals are of several types including colorants and auxiliaries, coating and sizing, finishing agents, surfactants, and bleaching agents. Textile chemicals find application in various types of textiles including apparel, home textile, technical textile, etc. Robust growth of the apparel market in developing economies coupled with increasing population and per capita income is expected to drive the demand for textile chemicals during the forecast period. Pollution caused by the textile dyeing and finishing industry is expected to hinder demand growth during the forecast period. Moreover, the growing fashion industry and shorter replacement cycles of the apparel industry is also another factor influencing demand growth during the forecast period.
In 2020, the spread of COVID-19 in major global economies caused nationwide lockdowns which had an impact on a number of industries. The textile was among the most affected industries during the pandemic. This had an impact on the demand for textile chemicals for the first half of 2020. The demand for textile chemicals fell during the coronavirus pandemic.
Region-wise, Asia-pacific region holds the major share of global demand for textile chemicals due to the increasing demand of end-use industries such as apparel, home textile, and technical textile. Moreover, increasing population and per capita income in emerging economies like India and China coupled with the growing fashion industry having shorter replacement cycles are expected to push the demand further in the Asia-Pacific.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Period: 2015-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2030
This report will be delivered on an online digital platform with one-year subscription and quarterly update.
Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of textile chemicals which covers production, demand and supply of textile chemicals market globally.
- To analyse and forecast the market size of textile chemicals .
- To classify and forecast global textile chemicals market based on technology, end-use and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global textile chemicals market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global textile chemicals market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of textile chemicals.
Major players for textile chemicals globally include Achitex Minerva S.p.A., Arkema Inc., Chemipol, Covestro AG, Dow, Formosa Organic Chemical Industry Co Ltd, Kemira, L. N. Chemical Industries, Nouryon, Sarex, Tanatex Chemicals B.V., The Lubrizol Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG.
To extract data for global textile chemicals market, primary research surveys were conducted with textile chemicals manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers and end users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, ChemAnalyst was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, ChemAnalyst analyzed various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for Global textile chemicals market over the coming years.
ChemAnalyst calculated textile chemicals demand globally by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering imported textile chemicals, prices, materials used for production of textile chemicals . ChemAnalyst sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by ChemAnalyst.
Key Target Audience:
- textile chemicals manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to textile chemicals distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as textile chemicals manufacturers, customers and policy makers. The study would also help them to target the growing segments over the coming years (next two to five years), thereby aiding the stakeholders in taking investment decisions and facilitating their expansion.
In this report, global textile chemicals market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Application -Apparel, Home Textile, Technical Textile
- Market, by Type-Colorants and Auxiliaries, Coating and Sizing, Desizing Agents, Finishing Agents, Surfactants, and Bleaching Agents
- Market, by Sales Channel-Direct/Institutional Sales, Indirect Sales
- Market, by Region-North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, South America
With the given market data, Chemanalyst offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.