Anthem is a health benefits company that offers managed healthcare-related products and administrative services through its affiliated health plans. The company operates through four reportable segments: Commercial & Specialty Business, Government Business, IngenioRx, and Other. In addition to integrated health plans, the company provides specialty and insurance products and services, such as radiology benefit management, pharmacy benefits management, vision and dental insurance benefits, disability insurance benefits, behavioral health benefits, analytics-driven personal healthcare, long-term care insurance accounts, and flexible spending accounts.
Anthem offers its products and services to large and small groups, federal governments, Medicaid and Medicare markets, and individuals. Its various types of medical membership customers include Local Group, Individual, National Accounts, BlueCard, Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB). The company is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) and has a license for insurance operations across the US. Anthem is headquartered in Indianapolis.
This report provides insights into Anthem’s fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, its estimated ICT budget, and its major ICT contracts.
- Anthem has been focusing on migrating from legacy systems to cloud computing to manage data on a cloud infrastructure. Anthem is adopting its cloud strategy to leverage innovative technologies such as AI, predictive analytics, and chatbots.
- Anthem launched Anthem Skill, a voice-activated virtual assistant that can be used through Alexa-enabled devices such as Amazon Echo, or the Alexa app on a phone. Users can ask Alexa questions about prescription refills, the status of orders, and the balance in their health savings account.
- In December 2019, Anthem launched a blockchain-based platform that helps patients securely and efficiently access and share medical data. The company plans to provide access to the platform to its more than 40 million members in the next two to three years.
Reasons To Buy
- Learn about Anthem’s fintech operations, including investments, product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- Gain insight into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Discover which technology themes are under the group’s focus.