The global satellite transponder market reached a value of US$ 19.5 Billion in 2020. A satellite transponder is a wireless communication device that is connected to a satellite for receiving and transmitting radio signals. Upon receiving the signal, it broadcasts it at varying frequencies that assists in the functioning of various identification, location and navigation systems such as GPS. Also, it selects different frequency values for both downlink and uplink to prevent the interference between signals. For instance, the Radio-Frequency Identification Device (RFID) transmits a coded signal upon receiving a request from a control point. The transponder output signal is tracked, and its position is continuously monitored. In addition, the input (receiver) and output (transmitter) frequencies are pre-assigned through which the device can operate over distances of thousands of miles.
The increasing demand for High Definition Television (HDTV) sets and expansion in the Ku band applications are the key factors driving the growth of the market. The growing demand for new television platforms and rising number of video broadcasting subscribers have led the service providers to utilize satellite transponders to provide end-to-end HD video transmission. Furthermore, increasing adoption rates of Ku band frequencies for data, video and voice communications have positively impacted the market growth. The Ku band utilizes satellite transponders for high-bandwidth broadcasting and communication to the subscribers. Ku-band transponders are also used extensively for various Very-Small-Aperture Terminals (VSAT), mobile backhaul (MBH) and aeronautical applications. Additionally, the widespread implementation of the device in maritime broadband, in-flight and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications has further favored the market growth. For instance, the Automatic Identification System (AIS) used in ships utilizes transponders to communicate and supplement marine radar. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global satellite transponder market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Bandwidth:
Market Breakup by Service:
Maintenance and Support
Market Breakup by Application:
Market Breakup by Region:
Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being SES, Arabsat, Eutelsat, Intelsat, Star One, Thaicom, SKY, Perfect JSAT Corporation, Hispasat, Singtel, Telesat, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
1. What was the global satellite transponder market size in 2020?
2. What will be the satellite transponder market outlook during the forecast period (2021-2026)?
3. What are the global satellite transponder market drivers?
4. What are the major trends in the global satellite transponder market?
5. What is the impact of COVID-19 on the global satellite transponder market?
6. What is the global satellite transponder market breakup by bandwidth?
7. What is the global satellite transponder market breakup by service?
8. What is the global satellite transponder market breakup by application?
9. What are the major regions in the global satellite transponder market?
10. Who are the leading satellite transponder industry players?