"Fibercos and Towercos - Market Dynamics and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of fibercos and towercos state of play, developments, and strategies, including in the context of 5G and fiber networks deployments. This report highlights the main drivers for the emergence and growth of towercos and fibercos in Asia-Pacific, gives an overview of the key models for towercos and fibercos in the region, deep dives into the latest developments and regional trends in the towerco/fiberco space, and provides an overview and set of recommendations on the positioning and future growth strategies that the different types of towercos/fibercos (e.g., pure-play and telco-led) can adopt.
The report analyzes the key themes and market direction around fibercos and towercos in Asia-Pacific. It also provides fibercos, towercos, telcos, and ICT vendors with guidance on the best practices related to the fiberco and towerco market. It gives telcos insights and best practices into the key drivers and considerations to have when entering the market - e.g., when spinning off their assets into a seperate company - or thinking about fully selling their assets to existing fibercos/towercos.
The report reviews the strategy regarding the creation of fibercos and towercos to monetize assets, cut capex, and help fund the rollout of 5G and fiber networks. It also provides details on several fiberco and towerco key players, their evolution, and their growth strategies. The case studies section examines selected players, providing context and background to their strategies, how they scaled up, and the evolution of their growth strategy. The report concludes with key takeaways and recommendations for players in the fiberco and towerco market or considering a future market entry.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Fiberco & Towerco Key Models, Drivers and Market Trends in Asia-Pacific: this section provides a brief description of the different models of fibercos and towercos in Asia-Pacific, the primary drivers for the creation of such companies, and fiberco and towerco regional trends.
- Section 2: Fiberco & Towerco Latest Developments in Asia-Pacific: this section provides an overview of the latest developments in the fiberco and towerco market in Asia-Pacific including telcos splitting their assets into seperate fibercos/towercos, M&As, joint ventures, IPOs, and new entrants.
- Section 3: Case Studies: this section examines three market players’ strategies, providing context and background to their creation, how they scaled up, and the evolution of their growth strategy.
- Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations: this section provides a summary of key takeaways and recommendations for fibercos, towercos, telcos, and ISPs and a summary of expected market opportunities and growth directions.
- Governments and players in the telco space have been setting up towercos and fibercos to free up capex and help monetize their infrastructure investments.
- Some of the national broadband plans involve establishing a government-led fiberco to achieve policy objectives related to high-speed broadband coverage and open access.
- Countries such as Malaysia, Brunei and China are leveraging towercos to reduce the capital strain of 5G deployment on telecom operators and to accelerate coverage.
- Carving out passive infrastructure into a fiberco or towerco allows telecom operators to pursue an asset light strategy. Some operators are also viewing their fiberco/towerco as a source of investment returns when they pare down the stake, attract institutional investment or exit their investment through an IPO.
- With 5G and Industry 4.0 applications, towercos have an opportunity to reach out to non-traditional tower lessees such as ccorporates and government entities keen on having private networks to implement IoT and data analytics for their business.
Reasons To Buy
- The report offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the models and drivers of fibercos and towercos in Asia-Pacific.
- The report describes the strategies and investments that fibercos, towercos, and telcos are taking to remain competitive in an increasingly densifying market - especially in relation to 5G and FTTH/B rollouts.
- The report provides an overview of current strategies pursued by fibercos, towercos, and telcos, as well as future growth opportunities.
- The report will help telcos, fibercos, towercos, regulators, governments, institutional investors and telecom executives craft adapted strategies and policies to seize the opportunities offered by the fiberco/towerco space - including asset monetisation, spurring broadband coverage targets, funding next technology generation deployments, and positioning for growth in new areas including edge computing and IoT.