Automotive Aftermarket Global Industry Almanac 2016-2025
Global Automotive Aftermarket industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
- The Automotive Aftermarket sector includes the sale of automotive components for use on vehicles after first purchase.
- The components include: Air Filters, Alloy Wheels, Alternators, Antifreeze Or Coolant, Bonnets, Brake Discs, Brake Drums, Brake Pads, Brake Shoes, Bumpers, Cabin Filters, Catalytic Converters, Clutches, Diesel Filters, Doors, Exhaust Systems, Floor Mats, Glass, Glow Plugs, In Car Entertainment, Light Housings, Oil, Oil Filters, Paints And Solvents, Petrol Filters, Radiators, Roof Bars, Roofboxes, Satellite Navigation, Shock Absorbers, Spark Plugs, Starter Batteries, Starter Motors, Tow Bars, Tyres, Windscreen Wash, Windscreen Wiper Blades, and Wings.
- The sector value is calculated in terms of retail selling price (RSP) including all taxes and levies. Included in market value are goods sold through Fast Fits, Autocentres, Garages, Tyre Specialists, Vehicle Manufacturer Networks, Petrol Stations, Hypermarkets, Crash Repair Centres/Bodyshops, Online Sales, Parts & Accessories Stores and Others. The value includes labor costs from installation as well as the component value.
- The volume of goods considers each component as a single piece, such as wiper blades and brake calipers.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- COVID-19: The assumption has been made that after the pandemic is over the global economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen in 2008 due to announced financial support packages from governments around the world.
- The global automotive aftermarket is expected to generate total revenues of $852.2bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a CAGR of 2.3% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 17,660 million units in 2020.
- The components segment is expected to be the market’s most lucrative in 2020, with total revenues of $747.1bn, equivalent to 87.7% of the market’s overall value.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the global automotive aftermarket sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global automotive aftermarket sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key automotive aftermarket sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global automotive aftermarket sector with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global automotive aftermarket sector by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global automotive aftermarket sector in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global automotive aftermarket sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- How large is the global automotive aftermarket sector in relation to its regional counterparts?