Cigars and Cigarillos in the United States of America (USA), 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in the US. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Cigarettes dominate the market with a forecast 69.2% of volumes in 2020 compared with 17.9% for smokeless tobacco and 5.7% for smoking tobacco. Cigars, which currently form the third largest sector of the US tobacco products market, had been gaining share of tobacco market volumes until 2014, when they accounted for 10.3% of tobacco products consumption. As of 2020 they are credited with a reduced 7.2%, up marginally on 7.1% in 2010
- Per capita consumption peaked in 2011 and 2012, but has subsequently fallen back
- Swisher dominates the large cigar and cigarillo market
- Per capita consumption is forecast to decline to 30.5 pieces per person per year in 2030
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.