The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global fetal monitoring market is projected to USD 5.2 billion by 2026 from USD 3.7 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2026. The growth of this market is driven owing to the escalating prevalence of preterm births, favorable government policies, advanced technologies of fetal monitoring systems, and active product launches. Also, the development of noninvasive, portable, and advanced fetal monitors and emerging markets and strengthening infrastructure are anticipated to offer an opportunity for the growth of the market during the forecast period.
“Ultrasound Devices is expected to hold the largest share of the fetal monitoring market, by product in 2021.”
Based on products, the fetal monitoring market is segmented into ultrasound devices, electronic maternal/fetal monitors, fetal electrodes, fetal doppler devices, uterine contraction monitors, telemetry devices, accessories & consumables, and other products. Ultrasound devices are the largest segment in this market. This segment’s growth can primarily be attributed to technological advancements, increasing congenital anomalies, maternal mortality, and rising regulatory approvals.
“Non-portable systems are expected to hold the largest share of the fetal monitoring market, by portability in 2021.”
Based on portability, the market is segmented into non-portable systems and portable systems. In 2020, non-portable systems accounted for the largest share of this market, owing to wide applications in hospitals and diagnostic centers to assess fetal and maternal health.
“Noninvasive is expected to hold the largest share of the fetal monitoring market, by method in 2021.”
Based on the method, the market is segmented into invasive and noninvasive. In 2020, the noninvasive accounted for the largest share of this market. Noninvasive methods are widely accepted for their safer method of diagnosing and monitoring the fetus, especially in high-risk pregnancies. The rising approvals of various noninvasive monitoring devices and the incoming advanced technologies drive the growth of this segment.
“Antepartum is expected to hold the largest share of the fetal monitoring market, by application in 2021.”
Based on application, the market is segmented into antepartum and intrapartum. The antepartum segment accounts for the largest share of the fetal monitoring market. Antepartum fetal monitoring is carried out throughout the gestation period to diagnose any congenital fetal abnormalities. The extensive monitoring regimes, recent product launches, surging prevalence of fetal anomalies, and maternal mortalities drive the growth of the antepartum segment.
“Hospitals are expected to hold the largest share of the fetal monitoring market, by end user in 2021.”
The market is segmented into hospitals, obstetrics & gynecology clinics, and home care settings based on end users. In 2020, hospitals accounted for the largest share of this market. This segment’s growth can be attributed to several factors, such as highly advanced facilities in hospitals and the increasing number of pregnancy procedures. Technological advancements, coupled with government funding, are also encouraging the installation of new tools and devices in hospitals, thus supporting market growth.
“North America commanded the largest share of the fetal monitoring market in 2021.”
On the basis of region, the fetal monitoring market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. In 2019, North America commanded the largest share of the fetal monitoring market. The large share of this market segment can be attributed to the presence of an established reimbufrsement structure coupled with availability of experts in the North American countries.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews, by company type, designation, and region:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (20%) , Tier 2 (45%), and Tier 3 (35%)
- By Designation: C-level (30%), Director-level (20%), and Others (50%)
- By Region: North America (33%), Europe (24%), AsiaPacific (27%), and Rest of the World (16%)
The some of the major players operating in this market are GE Healthcare (US), Siemens Healthineers (Germany), Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. (US) and Cardinal Health, Inc. (US),
This report studies the fetal monitoring market based on product, portability, method, application, end user and region. The report also analyzes factors (such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities) affecting market growth. It evaluates the opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. The report also studies micromarkets with respect to their growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total fetal monitoring market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four major regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on fetal monitoring offered by the top 29 players in the fetal monitoring market. The report analyzes the fetal monitoring market product, portability, method, application, end user, and region.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various securement devices across key geographic regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the fetal monitoring market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares and strategies of the leading players in the fetal monitoring market
Frequently asked questions
- What are the growth opportunities in the fetal monitoring market across major regions in the future?
- Which device is expected to hold the largest share in the fetal monitoring market?
- Which end user is anticipated to hold a considerable share in the fetal monitoring market?
- Which region has a well-developed fetal monitoring market?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on fetal monitoring market?