The Colombian soups sector was led by dried soup (mixes) in value terms, while UHT soup was the leading category in volume terms during 2020. Furthermore, the dried soup (mixes) category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2020-2025. Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of meat in the country. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in Colombia. Quala S.A., Nestle SA and Unilever are the leading players in the Colombian soups sector.
This report on the Soups sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient soup, chilled soup, dried soup (mixes), frozen soup and UHT soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, bottle, carton - liquid and other pack type, closure type for: screw top, prize off, twist off, lever closure, foil, film and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Both the per capita consumption and expenditure of soups in Colombia were lower than both the global and regional levels in 2020
- The per capita consumption of dried soup (mixes) was higher than other soup categories in 2020
- Though the government rolled out stimulus packages equivalent to 4.5% of GDP, the economy plunged in 2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.