The US haircare sector is led by shampoo category in value and volume terms in 2020. Salon hair care is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2020-2025. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of haircare products in the country. L’Oreal S.A, Unilever, and Procter & Gamble are the top three companies in the US haircare sector. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the country
This report on the haircare sector in US provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for conditioner, hair colorants, hair loss treatments, perms & relaxers, salon hair care, shampoo and styling agents with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, convenience stores, department stores, direct sellers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for: tube, jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, aerosol, carton-folding, stand up pouch and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, dispenser, screw top, cap, prize off, twist off, sports cap and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, blister pack, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Both the per capita consumption and expenditure of haircare in the US were higher than both the global and regional levels in 2020
- The per capita consumption of shampoo was higher than other haircare categories in 2020
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the US haircare sector, with a value share of 33.7% in 2020.
- Hair colorants was the most consolidated category, with the top three companies accounting for a 73.8% value share in 2020
- Rigid plastics accounted for a share of 58.9% in the US haircare sector, in 2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.