Saudi Arabia Cigarettes, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Saudi Arabian Cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
The Saudi cigarette market has suffered from mixed fortunes since 1990. Previously one of the largest markets in the region, boosted by a combination of duty-free trade and a large expatriate population. As of 2019, the market stood down at 12.50 billion pieces. As a result of the tax hike in mid-2017, and the introduction of VAT at the beginning of 2018, sales have slumped. A further fall to 12.0 billion pieces is forecast for 2020. In per capita terms, volumes of 351 pieces are forecast in 2020 or 31.4% of their level in 1990.
- As of 2019, the market stood down at 12.50 billion pieces. As a result of the tax hike in mid-2017, and the introduction of VAT at the beginning of 2018, sales have slumped.
- A further fall to 12.0 billion pieces is forecast for 2020.
- Non-duty paid sales are a growing feature of the market, with Yemen a major source.
- An increase in the price of tobacco products following recent tax increases, and the arrival of VAT, is set to make smoking more expensive. Coupled with continuing government actions to curb tobacco consumption, cigarette sales will drop back over the coming decade.
- With no domestic production and no internal sales taxes, import duties are the main obstacle for those wishing to operate in the market.
- There are no cigarette manufacturers in Saudi Arabia so there is no domestic production.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.