Denmark Cigars and Cigarillos, 2021, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Cigars and Cigarillos market in Denmark. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Despite its significant and continuing decline, Denmark remains a niche market for cigars and cigarillos. Manufactured cigarettes dominate the market. These accounted for an improved 91.2% of overall consumption of tobacco products in 2020 compared with 88.7% in 2010. Cigars and cigarillos accounted for a further 1.2% of sales in 2020 with their share down on 2.4% in 2010. Small cigars/cigarillos are the largest sector in 2020. Cheroots form the second largest sector albeit with a reduced, and recently stable 5.8%, in 2020. Traditional, larger cigars take a much smaller 1.7% of sales in 2020.
- Despite its significant and continuing decline, Denmark remains a niche market for cigars and cigarillos. Cigars sales were down in 2019 and 2020 is set to see a further fall prompted by a rise in excise tax while the impact of COVID-19 pandemic is expected to bring mixed blessings.
- Denmark levies both a specific and an ad valorem excise duty on cigars and cigarillos, along with the general value added tax, which is applied at the nominal rate of 25%.
- Data for 2019 gives the Netherlands as the most important source of imports with 84.7% of volumes. Someway behind in second place is Germany with 12.2% of imports, although Germany has recently had a much higher profile.
- The Danish market for cigars, cheroots, and cigarillos is dominated by the Scandinavian Tobacco Group Denmark (STG Denmark), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG), formerly known as Skandinavisk Tobakskompagni A/S (ST).
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.