The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Russian construction industry contracted marginally in 2020, with output declining by 0.7% in real terms. The lockdown measures and subsequent economic slowdown severely weakened the construction industry.
The construction industry is expected to recover in 2021, growing by 2.6% in real terms that year, supported by investment in major infrastructure projects, rising oil prices and global economic recovery. The growth outlook also reflects faster growth in infrastructure investment, which will help to offset a slightly weaker outlook for buildings and industry construction.
In November 2020, it was reported that the transport infrastructure spending plan had increased to RUB7 trillion for the next five years, pushed up by additional private investment. GlobalData expects the construction industry to stabilize with an annual average growth rate of 2.8% between 2022 and 2025, supported by investments in the transport, renewable energy, telecommunication, and manufacturing sectors. In 2019, the government outlined plans to spend RUB6.3 trillion (US$96 billion) on the development of the country’s transport infrastructure over the next five years.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights into the Russian construction industry, including -
- The Russian construction industry’s growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Russian construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Russia. It provides -
- Historical (2016-2020) and forecast (2021-2025) valuations of the construction industry in Russia, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData’s standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData’s critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.