In 2021, the major themes impacting the insurance sector will be COVID-19 and sustainability. COVID-19 is the defining theme for the immediate future. Not only is it the main challenge, but it is essential to how all other themes will progress. In addition, sustainability is a key long-term trend insurers need to be on top of. Companies that invest in the right themes become success stories, while those that miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders who invade your sector.
This report provides in-depth analysis of the future of the insurance market. It covers the key themes in the industry, assesses how successful they have been, and determines how they will develop.
- Policyholders will be the main beneficiaries, as the majority of the themes in this report will lead to policies becoming more instant, digital, interlinked, and easier to access and adjust.
- COVID-19 will have a transformative impact on the insurance industry around the world. Most insurers were already adapting to digitalization, but the pandemic has forced those lagging behind to refocus.
- The losers will be incumbents that are slow to adapt and that fail to target key themes, such as the gig and sharing economies and cybersecurity.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations and insurance models begin to enter the market.