The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The pharmaceutical industry is under increasing pressures with rising R&D costs, patent expiries, greater competition, and pricing challenges all eroding profit margins. Companies must invest in the right areas of drug development to maximize profitability and minimize risk.
Some of the most profitable or rapidly growing areas include immuno-oncology, regenerative medicine, precision and personalized medicine, biosimilars, genomics, and nanotechnology.
Companies can also forge strategic partnerships in R&D leading to risk diversification, new product development, shortened drug development timelines, and reduced costs. The industry is also investing in new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) to improve drug development.
Our thematic scoring methodology is designed to identify tomorrow’s leaders rather than today’s incumbents, based on their competitive position in the 10 most important themes impacting the landscape.
- GlobalData’s Drug Development Thematic Scorecard report provides a top-down, comprehensive future outlook for key players in the drug development sector over the next two to four years.
- These themes are Immuno-oncology, Precision and Personalized Medicine, Regenerative Medicine, Rare Disease, Biosimilars, Genomics, Microbiome, Nanotechnology, Strategic Alliances, and Artificial Intelligence.
- The scorecard includes 55 companies from across the industry, including biopharmaceutical companies, biosimilar and generic manufacturers, contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs), and contract research organizations (CROs).
- The methodology contains detailed information on what data sources were used to generate the thematic scores for each company.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify the key drug development themes for the next 2-4 years and learn how they will impact the market.
- Understand which key themes should be addressed to drive share price.
- Understand which companies are best positioned for success within critical themes and why.
- Learn which companies have underinvested in key themes and are most vulnerable to disruption.
- Help companies adapt their strategy to anticipate and benefit from these themes as they play out.
- Help identify future winners and losers in drug development to inform partnership strategies.