The research report titled “Mobile Edge Computing Market by Component, Application (Location-based Services, Unified Communication, Optimized Local Content Distribution, Data Analytics, Environmental Monitoring), Organization Size, and Region – Global Forecast to 2027” provides an in-depth analysis of mobile edge computing market in five major geographies and emphasizes on the current market trends, market size, market share, recent developments, and forecast till 2027. The mobile edge computing market is expected to reach $2.8 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 30.1% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The rapidly increasing mobile data traffic, along with the rising need to enhance quality and rising demand for low-latency processing and real-time automated decision-making solutions, are expected to drive the growth of the market. However, the lack of required infrastructure and deployment capabilities can obstruct the growth of this market. The study offers a comprehensive analysis of the mobile edge computing market with respect to component, application, organization size, and geography. The study also evaluates industry competitors and analyses the market at a country level.
Based on component, the hardware segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market in 2020. The growing investment for 5G deployments across the telecommunication industry to improve service quality is one of the key factors fueling mobile edge computing hardware investments, including edge gateways and hyper-converged infrastructure.
Based on application, the location-based services segment is expected to account for the largest share of the mobile edge computing market in 2020. The large share of the segment can be attributed to the increased data generation.
Based on organization size, the large enterprises segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market in 2020. The increasing demand of employees to access computing resources and applications ubiquitously while ensuring proper data storage drives the demand of edge computing solutions among large enterprises.
The market is geographically segmented into five major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. The North America region commanded the largest share of the overall mobile edge computing market in 2020. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period owing to increased investments in telecommunication sectors, government initiatives to encourage digitalization, heavy investments in IoT and cloud technologies, and high penetration of smart devices in emerging economies, such as India and China.
The key players operating in the mobile edge computing market are Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), Saguna Networks, Ltd. (Israel), Juniper Networks, Inc. (U.S.), IBM Corporation (U.S.), Intel Corporation (U.S.), Vapor IO (U.S.), ZephyrTel (U.S.), AT&T, Inc. (U.S.), Nokia Corporation (Finland), Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan), Corning, Inc. (U.S.), Adlink Technology, Inc. (Taiwan), Advantech Co., Ltd. (Taiwan), Emerson Electric Co. (U.S.), and GigaSpaces Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), among others.
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of component, application, organization size, and countries?
- What is the historical market for mobile edge computing across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from 2019–2027?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the mobile edge computing market?
- Who are the major players in the mobile edge computing market, and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries, and what share of the market do they hold?
- How is the competitive landscape?
- What are the recent developments in the mobile edge computing market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the mobile edge computing market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the mobile edge computing market, and how do they compete with the other players?
Scope of the report
Mobile Edge Computing Market, by Component
Mobile Edge Computing Market, by Application
- Location-based Services
- Video Surveillance
- Unified Communication
- Optimized Local Content Distribution
- Data Analytics
- Environmental Monitoring
Mobile Edge Computing Market, by Organization Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
Mobile Edge Computing Market, by Geography
- North America
o Rest of Europe
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa