The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Batteries and other energy storage platforms, such as capacitors and flywheels, are capable of storing energy in one form, such as chemical, mechanical, electrostatic, or thermal energy, and are able to transform that energy into electricity at a later stage. Batteries, for instance, store energy in chemical form and transform it by electrochemical processes to electrical energy. Batteries are in different phases of technological developments. For example, a common form of battery used for powering most small or portable defense electronic device is lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries have also increasingly been used in power grids and electric vehicles because, among other reasons, compared to other commonly available batteries, they are lightweight and have high energy and power densities. Research efforts on lithium-ion batteries for other applications, however, aim to improve their safety and reduce their cost.With a combination of higher economies of scale and research and development, existing technologies, such as lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries, have seen rapid performance and cost improvements. There are still unmet needs, however, to be fully addressed. It would be expected that next-generation technologies would deliver a step-change in the performance of key battery characteristics. In this area, much of the development is being driven by innovative start-ups, working both on the Li-ion market, such as on silica anodes, solid-state electrolytes, and advanced cathodes, and on alternative technologies, such as flow and zinc-air batteries.
Variables such as focusing on improving frontline situational awareness and increasing occurrences of asymmetric and network-centered warfare have a major positive impact on the defense battery market. Moreover, the increase in defense spending, particularly in emerging economies, and subsequent investments in the procurement of such systems are further boosting the growth of the market. Factors such as high cost of acquisition, and regulations & safety issues, however, hinder the growth of the market to some extent. Increasing terrorist attacks and a focus on counter operations, and the launch of modernization programs by many nations around the world, have created promising opportunities for the defense battery market to grow.
The market revenue for Global Defense Battery Market accounted for USD 1.87 Billion in the year 2020 and it is anticipated to reach a value of around USD 3.36 Billion by the year 2029. The market growth dynamics account for a CAGR of around 6.47% over the forecast period, 2021-2029.
APAC is expected to dominate the Global Defense Battery Market in 2029 with a market value of around USD 0.95 billion owing to the increasing R&D investment in this sector coupled with an infrastructure that supports the same. The rising global conflicts and cross-border tension between countries including China, India, Pakistan, and Others in the APAC region is another factor that is expected to fuel the growth of the Global Defense Battery Market. North America is expected to be the second-largest market with a value of around USD 0.88 Billion. APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period with a CAGR of around 7.73%.
The report is aimed at
- The key drivers, restraints, and challenges which are expected to shape the Global Defense Battery Market are covered in detail in the report.
- The key technologies which could have an impact on the Global Defense Battery Market have been covered in detail.
- The key trends which are expected to drive the higher use of battery like the exoskeleton and robotic dogs are discussed in detailed.
- The top fifteen countries and their platforms have been analyzed in detail concerning its Defense Spending, Airpower, Land Forces, and Naval Forces.
- The Porter’s Five Forces and the PEST Analysis of the Global Defense Battery Market have been covered in the report.
- The high growth markets have been identified in the Opportunity Analysis Chapter.
- The market has been forecasted from 2020- 2029 considering all the factors, which are expected to impact the market.
- The Scenario Analysis Chapter covers the key scenarios and their impacts on the forecast chapter.
Segmentation covered in this report
The market is segmented based on Region, Composites, Application, Platform, Type, and Technology:
- North America
- Middle East
- Lithium-Ion Battery
- Lead Acid Battery
- Nickel Metal Hydride Battery
- Nickel Cadmium Battery
- Propulsion System
- Auxiliary Power Unit
- Backup Power
- Ignition System
- Communication & Navigation System
- Fire Control System
- Electro Optic & Thermal Imaging System
- United States of America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Reasons to Buy
- The new players in the Global Defense Battery Market and the potential entrants into this market can use this report to understand the key market trends that are expected to shape the market in the next few years.
- The Market Analysis Chapter covers the Key Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges of the Defense Battery Market. The PEST and Porter’s five forces are covered in detail in this report.
- The key technologies that could impact the Global Defense Battery Market have been covered in detail.
- The report can be used by the sales and marketing team to formulate their medium- and long-term strategies and to reconfirm their short-term plans.
- The report would help the sales and the marketing team to understand the key segments across the top fifteen countries which have been analyzed in the report.
- The Opportunity Analysis chapter identifies the key hot spots within the Global Defense Battery Market.
- The company profiles include financials, latest news, and SWOT analysis for ten companies.
Who is this report for?
- Financial Institutions: Financial institutions such as financial intermediaries and banking institutions can use this report to assess their financing or investment strategies.
- Department of Defense: Defense department and other Governmental Organizations involved with the research and development of defense strategies using Defense Batteries can use this report to support their research.
- Department of Information Technology: The Department of Information Technology could use this report to understand various technical indicators of the top fifteen countries. This would give them an overall perspective of potential markets.
- Decision Makers: The future investment and technology focus decisions could be formulated based on the inputs of this report.
- Other Organizations: Various other NGO and Non- Governmental organizations involved with the research and development department for upcoming technologies can use this report to support their research