The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
John Deere (Subsidiary of Deere and Company) is a US-based firm that manufactures agricultural, forestry machinery, drivetrains, and construction and lawncare equipment. Its construction and forestry segment manufactures and distributes machines and service parts used in earthmoving, material handling, construction, road building, and timber harvesting. It also offers products, technology, and services in the agriculture and construction domain to its customers. The company’s diverse portfolio also provides additional support activities including Energy Systems, Intelligent Solutions Group, Financial Services, and Parts Services. It has operations in more than 30 countries across the globe.
The company is moving towards automating processes, electrification, deploying remote control technologies and introducing mining platforms, payload measurement solutions, Autonomous Haulage System and 3D construction retrofit kits.
John Deere is following agile methodologies to improve its operational processes, expand its product portfolio, and create value. It is deploying technologies such as AI, IoT, cloud-based mobile applications, robots, machine learning, big data, etc. to collect data about the customers, machines, lands, and fields to make data-driven decisions.
John Deere has been strengthening its digital capabilities by embracing digital culture, hiring top talent in leadership roles, empowering staff through technology tools and training, and creating digital space.
The report provides information and insights into John Deere’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
- John Deere is leveraging key disruptive technologies to improve its operational efficiency and customer service capabilities. IoT, connectivity, cloud, augmented & virtual reality, big data, 3D printing, drones, mobile, AI, robotics, autonomous vehicles, analytics, modular construction, e-commerce, and digitalization, are the key technologies under focus for the company.
- To accelerate innovation in its construction and agriculture operations and drive value for its customers, John Deere redesigned its operating model.
- John Deere is focusing on streamlining its end-to-end construction site operations through process automation. It has been investing and implementing digital technologies, such as cloud, autonomous vehicles, IoT, drones, analytics, SmartGrade systems, and other precision technologies to improve equipment efficiency and job site operations
- John Deere opened VR labs for the customers at multiple regions including Lowa, Dubuque, and Germany, to test and experience next-generation tractor models virtually. Its customer and product support teams focuses towards designing equipment and then translating to simulate real-life tractors.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into John Deere’s construction operations.
- Gain insights into its construction strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnership strategies of John Deere (Subsidiary of Deere and Company).