The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Launched in September 2020, Studio X is an open innovation studio in the United States that aims to leverage emerging technologies and deploy digital capabilities for energy exploration.
Founded in 2013, Shell TechWorks is an open innovation program that facilitates collaboration between technology entrepreneurs and startups to build innovative technologies and solutions that help in addressing business challenges prevalent in the industry.
Founded in 1996, Shell GameChanger program provides seed funding, technical support, and expertise to innovative early-stage start-ups and businesses in the energy industry, enabling them to transform their ideas into disruptive solutions.
The report provides information and insights into Shell’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator programs & innovation centers
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Shell leverages AI technologies from a range of machine learning to computer vision, deep learning to virtual assistants and autonomous vehicles to robotics, to accelerate its digital transformation, and make its operations safer and more efficient.
- Using 3D printing for rapid prototyping of engineering designs to save on R&D costs. And is integrating virtual reality technology with 3D simulation for deep water safety training to its employees, to help them in understand potential hazards and steps to overcome any unexpected circumstance.
- Shell Ventures has signed strategic partnerships over the years with technology giants like Microsoft, SAP, Intel, and HP and other solution providers like C3 IoT, Innospection, SENAI CIMATEC, Qinetiq, NOVI LABS LLC, Cyberhawk, HoneyWell, RealWear, and EON Reality. Most of the partnerships signed are for developing or gaining access to advanced technologies such as IoT, cloud computing, blockchain, robotics, high performance computing, imaging, and automation.
- Shell drives innovation and technology developments through a dedicated R&D team including scientists, researchers, and engineers around the globe. Collectively the R&D aims to improve the efficiency of its products, processes, and operations.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Shell’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies.