Launched in November 2017, Boeing HorizonX India Innovation Challenge 1.0, is aimed at accelerating aerospace innovations in India. The challenge in collaboration with India’s startup T-Hub, invited innovative Indian startups to propose their solutions addressing challenges in the areas including: Autonomous systems, advanced manufacturing, industrial IoT, Analytics, AI and machine learning.
In October 2019, Boeing and Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) have launched a two-year investment programme to support start-up companies in the UK aerospace industry. Boeing aims to invest ?2m over the two-years.
In October 2015, Boeing collaborated with Carnegie Mellon University to establish Boeing/Carnegie Mellon Aerospace Data Analytics Lab, an academic research initiative that leverages university’s leadership in machine learning, language technologies and data analytics.
The report provides information and insights into Boeing’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator programs & innovation centers
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Boeing is building and training machine-learning algorithms to identify patterns in data and make better recommendations. It is leveraging AI to automate complex jobs to improve productivity, quality and safety while helping to meet delivery schedules..
- Boeing has partnered with several technology companies to leverage their emerging technologies. For instance, Boeing partnered with SparkCognition, a cognitive computing company, to form SkyGrid, and build a robust airspace management software platform to ensure the safe, secure integration of air vehicles.
- Boeing’s autonomous systems improve safety and increase the success of human-directed missions with platforms including Liquid Robotics Wave Glider, Insitu ScanEagle and Integrator, and Boeing MQ-25. In 2019, Boeing developed Airpower Teaming System (ATS), an unmanned aircraft designed by Boeing Australia to complement and extend airborne missions.
- Boeing is tapping the power of additive manufacturing to optimize new printing processes and explore new opportunity spaces for tooling design applications. By the end of 2019, more than 70,000 3D-printed production parts fly through Boeing defense and commercial programs.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Boeing’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies.