Introduced in 2019, Launchpad is BP’s business-builder and scale-up factory. Chaired by group head of technology, the initiative aims to quickly create multiple businesses valued over $1 billion that can help tackle the dual energy challenge.
In 2017, BP launched its Mobility Tech accelerator program, partnering with RocketSpace in London. The accelerator is focused on bringing disruptive startups together and help them explore and identify market opportunities within emerging tech themes.
The report provides information and insights into BP’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator programs & innovation centers
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- BP has been using a wide range of digital solutions to bring disruptive changes in its business processes. The company is also adopting efficient data capture and analysis technologies that are helping improve its decision-making capabilities and reduce its operations cost.
- BP has sensors placed on most of its assets, including oil & gas wells, connecting them to the IoT ecosystem. These sensors continuously capture data about the assets and stream it to engineers and other professionals.
- BP introduced a range of technologies and improved ways of working across group to support modernization. For instance, Launched Connected BP in partnership with data technology pioneer Palantir. The program connects different systems and business areas into one platform where users can connect, transform, and share data.
- BP is investing significantly in AI companies, through its BP Ventures arm. For instance, the company invested $5 million in Belmont Technology in 2017, to further strengthen BP’s artificial intelligence and digital capabilities.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into BP’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies.