The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our “Drones in Metals and Mining - Thematic Research” analyses how drones technology is affecting the global metals & mining industry now, in addition to key trends shaping across the industry.
Drone technology has demonstrated a varied range of mining applications from exploration, surveying and mapping to maintaining safety and enhancing security. These UAVs are equipped with different sensors and cameras based on their type. The popularity of drones across the mining industry has grown immensely in recent years, with GlobalData’s 2019 survey of 179 mine sites showing 26% of mines with considerable investments in drone technology, versus just under 20% in 2018. Low to moderate investments were observed at 27% of the mines, while only 10% had trialed drones. The survey also revealed that only 32% had yet to invest at all, compared with 43% in 2018.
- This report provides how drones technology works.
- It analyzes its impact on mining industry.
- It provides specific explanations of how drones could change the way mining companies operate.
- It offers an analysis of how regulators are likely to respond to the rise of drones.
Reasons To Buy
- Build an understanding of drones technology and its applications in metals & mining industry.
- Find out how mining companies are utilizing drones to obtain notable results.
- Identify drone companies, their models, and their mining client portfolio.
- Key recommendations for mining companies and drone service providers.
- It identifies key trends in this technology theme.
- The report analyses the drone value chain by use case.
- The report also offers a technology briefing, highlighting how drone technology has developed and how it works.