The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Japan as a destination market.
- Japan has recently benefitted from a rapid increase in inbound visitation reaching a record high of 32.2 million in 2019. The country’s original aim was to achieve 20 million arrivals by 2020 and Japan achieved this four years early in 2016 with a new target (set before the COVID-19 pandemic) of 40 million set.
- Overwhelmingly, leisure travel accounts for the largest proportion of international arrivals in to Japan in 2019 accounting for x%.
- Neighboring countries with the Asia-Pacific region account for the most important source markets for visitation to Japan. The region accounted for x% of visitors in 2019 totaling x million visitors
- This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Japan as a destination market.
Reasons To Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in this increasingly popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.