The Colombian meat sector is led by the fresh meat (counter) market in both value and volume terms, while frozen meat is expected to register the fastest growth during 2019-2024 in value terms. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Colombian meat sector. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material, followed by flexible packaging and rigid metal. Koyomad S.A., Togineta, and Grupo Nutresa SA are the leading players in the Colombian meat sector.
This report on the meat sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient meat, chilled raw packaged meat - processed, chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts, cooked meats - counter, cooked meats - packaged, fresh meat (counter) and frozen meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, eretailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, direct sellers and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, can, film, tray, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, clamshell, specialty container, blister pack and other pack type, closure type for: twist off, film, prize off, plastic tie, screw top, foil and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap.
- Fresh meat (counter) was the largest category, while frozen meat category is forecast to register the fastest value growth
- Per capita consumption of meat in Colombia was higher than the global level
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the largest distribution channel in the country
- Grupo Nutresa SA, Distriaves SA and Avesco SA are the top three companies in the Colombian meat sector
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian meat sector
- Bogota emerged as the largest meat market in Colombia
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.