The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Pakistan - The Future of Foodservice to 2024” published by GlobalData provides extensive insight and analysis of the Pakistani Foodservice market over the next five years (2019-2024) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers. The report includes:
The Pakistani foodservice profit sector generated total revenue of nearly PKR1,371.5 billion (US$10.3 billion) in 2019. The value of the sector increased at a CAGR of 5.2% between 2014 and 2019. The growth was primarily driven by an increase in outlet numbers as well as the number of “Out-of-home” transactions.
Overview of Pakistan’s macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Pakistan’s foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) within Pakistan’s foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
Customer segmentation: identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Pakistani population.
Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Pakistani foodservice market.
- The QSR channel is the largest profit sector channel in terms of sales, worth PKR6.4 trillion, translating into a share of 46.7% of total profit sector sales value in 2019. However, sales in the channel is forecast to decelerate with a CAGR of 2.3% to 2024. The slower growth in the channel can be attributed to restricted disposable income due to expected contraction in the economy in the coming years.
- Pakistan’s FSR market was valued at PKR363.6 billion in 2019, representing 26.5% of total foodservice revenue. Market value grew at a CAGR of 5.6% between 2014 and 2019, outpacing that of the wider profit sector. FSR consumers carried out approximately 1,031 million transactions in 2019, around 93 million more transactions than in 2014.
- The Western ’coffee shop culture’ remains a relatively recent addition to the Pakistani foodservice market. Its growing popularity is strongly driven by these outlets’ status as neutral urban meeting places, neither at home nor in the workplace, where friends and colleagues can socialize and take a break in a pleasant environment
Reasons To Buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2019-2024) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within Pakistan’s foodservice market.