The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Facebook, Inc. (Facebook) is an American online social media and social networking service company. Founded in 2004, the company’s mission is to get people across the world closer and enable them to build and be part of a global community. Facebook provides a platform for people to leverage its apps and technologies to connect with their friends and family, discover relevant causes and communities, and grow businesses.
Facebook is leveraging AR and VR technologies to help it create products for its clients to improve their sales and marketing opportunities apart from creating an immersive end-user experience.
Facebook has been building technological expertise by investing in buildings its in-house capabilities and is also actively investing in promising startups through its venture capital firm to build expertise in the latest technologies.
The company, amidst the pandemic, has chalked out a strategy to have half of its workforce operate remotely in the next five to ten years.
The report provides information and insights into Facebook’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Facebook has the largest user base in India and the company is supporting and launching various digital initiatives in the country.
- The company, amidst the pandemic, has chalked out a strategy to have half of its workforce operate remotely in the next five to ten years.
- Facebook expanded its data center infrastructure rapidly until 2019. It operates several 100% renewable cloud campuses, each of them having enough area to build at least three to a maximum of six data centers.
4)In August 2020, Facebook launched FRL to build a next-generation computing platform that consolidates and supports all its efforts in AR/VR. FRL is developing the platform which would allow people to feel together even though they are far apart.
- Facebook for Developers provides support programs for startups in the form of Accelerators and Startup Circles. Accelerators are for startups that have already launched their products in the market and are looking to scale up. Startup Circles are for early stage startups whose products are in the development stage.
- In June 2019, Facebook launched VC Brand Incubator Initiative in partnership with SAIF Partners, Sauce.VC, and Fireside Ventures along with 24 other partners for accelerating the growth of SMBs in India.
- In March 2019, Facebook launched Facebook India Innovation Accelerator program with a specific focus on leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) for social good.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Facebook’s operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships of Facebook.