The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Home Depot Inc. (Home Depot) retails home improvement products. The company offers various products including building materials, home improvement supplies, hardware, electrical products, kitchen and bath products, flooring and paint products, appliances, and lawn and indoor and outdoor garden products. The company offers various services including PLCC (Private Label Credit Card), home delivery, e-commerce, and installation services.
Home Depot set up a three-year US$11.1 billion investment plan (2018-2020) to combine physical and digital shopping experience for customers, improve delivery capabilities, and bolster supply chain and workforce management systems.
Home Depot leverages data collected from its digital retail and communication platforms, and even social media to understand customers’ needs and preferences, and be able to provide better products to them, customize recommendations, drive superior customer experience, and design targeted marketing programs.
The report provides information and insights into Home Depot’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- The company announced plans to hire 1,000 technology professionals for its primary technology centers in Austin, Dallas, and Atlanta.
- Home Depot is leveraging the data to enhance its supply chain network to deliver the customer orders in lesser time in exchange for a higher delivery price.
- Launched in 2017, Engage Ventures is an independent venture fund and a collaboration platform for leading corporations and entrepreneurs to host events and provide go-to-market and scaling support to startups.
- Launched in September 2018, BiTA acceleration program is a part of Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) comprising nearly 500 members including Home Depot.
- The company has adopted “One Home Depot” strategy to bridge the gap between in-store and online retailing, and provide frictionless shopping experience to its customers, including professional contractors and DIY users.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Home Depot’s retail operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships of Home Depot.