The Russian meat sector is led by the fresh meat (counter) category in value terms while the frozen meat category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of meat in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian meat sector. BRF S.A., Miratorg Agribusiness Holding LLC and Cherkizovo Group are the leading players in the country.
This report on the meat sector in Russia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient meat, chilled raw packaged meat - processed, chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts, cooked meats - counter, cooked meats - packaged, fresh meat (counter) and frozen meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, eretailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, direct sellers and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, can, film, tray, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, clamshell, specialty container, blister pack and other pack type, closure type for: twist off, film, prize off, plastic tie, screw top, foil and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption of meat was higher in Russia than the global and the regional levels in 2019
- The per capita consumption of fresh meat (counter) was higher than other meat categories in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of meat in the country
- Rigid plastics is the leading distribution channel in the Russian meat sector
- BRF S.A., Miratorg Agribusiness Holding LLC and Cherkizovo Group are the leading players in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.