The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Russian wine sector was led by sparkling wine category in value terms, while still wine category was the leading category in volume terms during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of wine in the country. Glass was the most commonly used pack material in Russia. Slaviansky Rpk Zao, Ironstone Vineyards and Bacardi Limited are the leading players in the Russian wine sector.
This report on the wine sector in Russia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in volume terms) and private labels (in volume terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, eretailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, direct sellers, on-trade and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: bottle, bag-in-box, carton - liquid, can, stand up pouch and other pack type, closure type for: stopper, screw top, dispenser, crown, lever closure and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding and other outer types.
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of wine was higher in Russia than in the global level in 2019
- The per capita consumption of still wine was higher than other wine categories in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Russian wine sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the fortified wine category
- Brands are growing at a higher CAGR than private labels in the Russian wine sector
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian wine sector
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.