The structured cabling market is expected to grow from USD 10.9 billion in 2020 to USD 13.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 4.3%.. The market growth can be attributed to several factors, such as increasing demand for high-speed connectivity devices & systems, rising trend of data center convergence, and growing investments in communication infrastructure. However, few factors such as emergence of wireless communication systems, expensive fiber optioc electronics, and so on are creating hurdles for the market.
The recent COVID-19 pandemic is expected to impact the global structured cabling market. The data centers are experiencing massive surges, highly supported by the increase in demand for e-learning, remote working, binge television watching, and other activities. Hence, it is anticipated that the structured cabling market for IT & telecommunications may witness positive growth in 2020 among all the verticals, despite all the challenges. For other verticals, although the immediate impact of COVID-19 is high owing to supply chain disruptions and decline in sales of cable products, it is likely to be minimal going forward. It is expected that by 2021, the business will come to a normal pace with smooth operations.
“ Market for IT & telecommunications vertical to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period”
Globally, there has been an increase in the number of subscribers in the telecommunications sector who are demanding for high-speed internet connection due to which telecom operators are upgrading their network infrastructure. This would boost the growth of the global structured cabling market. Trends and technologies such as 5G, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things are forcing the data center operators to evolve day by day. A well-planned structured cabling system can be capable of adhering to the changing needs of data centers, which these new trends are forcing. All these would drive the structured cabling market to grow.
“Categoty 6 cable type to hold largest share of structured cabling market during forecast period”
Category 6 cable type is currently holding the largest share in the structured cabling market. This cable is defined in TIA/EIA-568-B and provides a significant improvement in performance over category 5 and category 5e. Cat-6 cables can support speeds of up to 10 Gbps, but can only do so for up to 55 meters, which makes them relatively long Ethernet cables.
“APAC is expected to register highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period”
Among all regions, APAC is expected to register the highest growth in the structured cabling market during the forecast period. China, South Korea, Japan, and Rest of APAC are covered under the APAC structured cabling market analysis. The increasing number of new data centers and the growing investments in telecommunication network infrastructure have been contributing to the growth of the structured cabling market in this region.
Breakdown of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 25%, Tier 2 = 35%, and Tier 3 = 40%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives = 35%, Directors = 25%, and Others = 40%
- By Region: North America = 14%, Europe = 43%, APAC = 29%, and RoW = 14%
Some of the major players in the structured cabling market include CommScope (US), Nexans S.A. (France), Panduit Corp. (US), Legrand (France), Corning Inc. (US), Belden, Inc. (US), Schneider Electric (France), Siemon (US), Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Japan), and R&M (Switzerland), and so on.
In this report, the structured cabling market has been segmented on the basis of solution type, cable type, vertical, and geography. The report also discusses the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. It gives a detailed view of the market across four main regions?North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW. Value chain analysis has been included in the report, along with the key players and their competitive analysis in the structured cabling ecosystem.
Key Benefits to Buy the Report:
- This report includes statistics for the structured cabling market based on solution type, cable type, vertical, and geography, along with their respective market sizes.
- Tank Level Monitoring Systemalue chain analysis and key industry trends have been provided for the market.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the structured cabling market have been provided in detail in this report.
- This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem and the recent development strategies adopted by the key players in the market, such as product launches and developments, partnerships, and acquisitions.