BNP Paribas is a banking and financial services provider. It offers a range of retail and commercial banking solutions. The retail banking portfolio includes digital banking, leasing and financing, loans and insurance solutions, savings and investment products, deposits, and cards. It also offers asset and wealth management, private banking, and cash management, among others. The group’s corporate banking solutions include securities services, capital markets, risk management solutions, and financial advisory services. The group is headquartered in Paris and has an operational presence across EMEA, Asia Pacific, and the Americas.
This report provides insight into BNP Paribas’ fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, its estimated ICT budget, and its major ICT contracts.
Initiated in 2018, the ’Code of Conduct’ for co-operation with startups is a new approach from BNP Paribas to work with fintech startups and build a corporate-startup relationship.
In July 2017, BNP Paribas International Financial Services (IFS) launched startup studio IFS.alpha to create new products and increase innovation across the BNP group.
In August 2017, BNP Paribas partnered with Cerved Group, Sara Assicurazioni, Payback, and BNL Gruppo to support AI WorkLab, a three-month accelerator program launched as part of the Open Innovation strategy of Luiss Enlabs.
- In 2017, BNP Paribas initiated a digital transformation program to be run over four years. As part of the program, it will invest ?3bn ($3.4bn) in digital technologies to develop innovative solutions that can help optimize its banking process.
- BNP Paribas Personal Investors is a specialist division offering banking and investment services, primarily through a digital channel. With a presence in Germany, Austria, Spain, and India, this division operates under the Consorsbank, DAB BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Personal Investors Spain, Sharekhan, and Hello Bank! brands.
- BNP is developing an ecosystem to promote the development and support of innovative companies. This support comprises of 61 support hubs (the WAI [“We are Innovation”]) in France, including a specialist fintech hub, comprising employees dedicated to innovative enterprises.
- BNP Group has reinforced the second line of defense within the RISK Function, which manages technological and cybersecurity risks and adapts operational standards to support the bank’s digital evolution and innovation while managing existing and emerging threats.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into BNP Paribas’ fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches, partnerships, investments, and acquisition strategies.