The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Beauty and Grooming - Category Packaging Opportunities explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the beauty and grooming categories, using examples from GlobalData’s Pack-Track innovation tool.
With a huge and varied range of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to the changing lifestyles of busy consumers. Packaging can also be used to create unique usage rituals and a distinct point of difference to appeal to consumers seeking novel experiences.
Brand owners are responding to consumer demand for greater sustainability in packaging and reusable formats, refills and alternative materials are becoming more commonplace. We have used GlobalData’s Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData’s TrendSights framework.
Your key questions answered
- What drives packaging innovations in beauty and grooming?
- What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the beauty and grooming categories in recent years?
- Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
- How can beauty and grooming manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
- In order to be more successful brand owners are adjusting their packs to different lifestyle needs of consumers.
- Convenience is important and enhanced functionality through packaging that allows easy usage enables consumers to use products in less traditional locations or on-the-go.
- Younger consumers in particular seek new products that enable them to experiment with their look and unusual packaging formats can create new usage rituals that foster greater brand engagement.
- In responding to consumer demands for improved packaging sustainability, some brand owners are looking to refillable/reusable packs while others are launching formats that use alternative materials, thereby reducing reliance on petroleum-based plastics.
Reasons To Buy
- Use GlobalData’s Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of added functionality of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.