The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Cigarettes in Kenya, 2020
Cigarettes in Kenya, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Kenya. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Kenya has recently seen strong growth with GDP expanding by 5.9% in 2019. Per capita consumption is forecast at 160 pieces per year in 2019 or 60.4% of that in 1990. The market is largely supplied by British American Tobacco Kenya, which dominates the privately owned Mastermind Tobacco, with small quantities of imports of other brands also present. Volumes are expected to end 2030. 22.2% ahead of 2020 at 10,020 million pieces. Per capita consumption is forecast to fall by 0.3% over the same period to 153 pieces.
- The Kenyan market is dominated by domestically manufactured cigarettes, which accounted for over 98% of cigarettes sold in 2013.
- The market is completely dominated by BAT Kenya. Having been the only significant company present since the early 1970s, it dominated the domestic market for the next 20 years.
- The results of a new Global Adult Tobacco Survey, released in December 2014, found that 15.1% of men and 0.8% of women aged 15 years and over currently smoked tobacco.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.