Mining, manufacturing and utilities sector contributed (30.8%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotel sector (16.3%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 7.8% and 10.5%, respectively in 2020
Cairo and Alexandria are the best performing regions in the country. They together generated 24.4% of the total GDP of the country and accounted for 15.5% of the total population in 2019
- The government of Egypt plans to invest US$27.6bn in 691 green plans for fiscal year 2020-2021.
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.