The global bakery & cereals sector was valued at US$597,966.8 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.3% over 2019-2024 to reach US$669,253.1 million by 2024. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, China, Japan, Australia, and Singapore were shortlisted out of 26 countries as high-potential countries in Asia-Pacific primarily due to the large bakery & cereals sector size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. Asia-Pacific bakery & cereals sector was fragmented with the top five companies accounting for a share of 8.5% in 2019, of which Mondelez International, Inc. held a share of 2.5%. It was followed by Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd., Britannia, Parle Products Pvt Ltd, and Orion Confectionery Co, Ltd. which accounted for 2.3%, 1.4%, 1.2% and 1.1% shares, respectively. Artisanal producers had 35.7% share whereas private labels held 6.6% value share of overall sales in 2019. In the Asia-Pacific region, bakeries & cereals with health & wellness (H&W) attributes accounted for 11.3% of the overall value sales in 2019. Food & Drinks Specialists was the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific bakery & cereals sector, with a value share of 38.2% in 2019. Flexible packaging was the most widely used pack material, accounting for a 70.5% share in 2019.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific Bakery & Cereals industry. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Asia-Pacific bakery & cereals sector, analyzing data from 26 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Environment: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- High-potential Countries’ Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various bakery & cereals by category across high-potential countries in Asia-Pacific region. It also provides Risk-Reward analysis of 4 countries across Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high potential countries.
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling bakery & cereals manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in Asia-Pacific region. It also provides a better understanding of how a certain manufacturer achieved success in the sector, and insights.
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Health & Wellness Analysis*: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall bakery & cereals sector during 2014-2024. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of bakery & cereals sector in 2019. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering bakery & cereals products with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in Asia-Pacific bakery & cereals sector in 2019. It covers ? Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drinks Specialists, Convenience Stores, eRetailers, “Dollar Stores”, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, Department Stores, Vending machines, Drug stores & Pharmacies, Others.
- Packaging Analysis*: The report provides percentage share (in 2019) and growth analysis (during 2014-2024) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of bakery & cereals products.
- Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and future outlook pertaining to Asia-Pacific’s bakery & cereals sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates