The global cosmetics & toiletries industry was valued at US$4,82,400 million in 2019 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 4.3% during 2019-2024 to reach US$5,96,089.2 million by 2024. Asia-Pacific held a value share of 36.9% in the global cosmetics & toiletries industry in 2019. In value terms, the Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry is forecast to record a CAGR of 5.8% during 2019-2024 to reach US$236,161.5 million in 2024 from US$178,141.6 million in 2019. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, and Singapore were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to the large cosmetics & toiletries industry size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. The top five companies in the Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry accounting for a share of 31.4% in 2019, of which Procter & Gamble held a share of 8.9%, with presence in most sectors. It was followed by Unilever (7.5%), L`Oreal S.A. (6.2%), Shiseido Company, Limited (4.6%), and Kao (4.2%). Private labels held a 2% value share of overall sales in 2019. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry, with a value share of 27.2% in 2019. Flexible Packaging was the most used pack material in the Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry with a 59.4% market share in 2019.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry, analyzing data from 26 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Environment: Includes industry size, market size, and growth analysis by category
- High-Potential Countries’ Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various make-up categories across high-potential countries in the Eastern Europe region. It also provides risk-reward analysis of four countries across the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high-potential countries
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling cosmetics & toiletries manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in the Asia-Pacific region. It also provides a better understanding of how a certain manufacturer achieved success in the industry, and insights
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing growth of private label in the region
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry in 2019. It covers five distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, department stores, health & beauty stores, eRetailers, and others which includes parapharmacies/drugstores, direct sellers, chemists/pharmacies, “Dollar Stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, and other retailers
- Packaging Analysis*: The report provides percentage share (in 2019) and growth analysis (during 2014-2024) for various pack materials pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of cosmetics & toiletries
- Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and outlook pertaining to Asia-Pacific cosmetics & toiletries industry
Reasons To Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates