The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Komatsu Ltd (Komatsu) is an equipment manufacturer that offers construction and mining equipment, industrial machinery, utilities, and forestry machines. The company offers engines and components, excavating and roadbed preparation equipment, loading equipment, recycling equipment, grading, hauling equipment, casting products, forestry equipment, tunneling machines, recycling equipment, industrial vehicles, logistics, and other equipment. It also provides industrial machinery like temperature control equipment, metal forging and stamping presses, machine tools, defense systems, and sheet metal machines. Komatsu serves via domestic and international sales and distribution network which includes independent distributors, subsidiaries, sales partners of jointly-owned companies across the world and affiliates. The company has expanded its manufacturing operations in Brazil, Sweden, Japan, Italy, the US, Thailand, Germany, China, the UK, Canada, and Indonesia.
The company is moving towards automating processes, electrification, deploying remote control technologies and introducing mining platforms, payload measurement solutions, Autonomous Haulage System and 3D construction retrofit kits.
Komatsu aims to strengthen the technical capabilities of its manufacturing processes by focusing on enhancing Gemba (employee-driven continuous improvement) capability using digital technologies
To improve its conventional operating model and streamline its construction processes, Komatsu is working on automating end to end construction site operations to shorten construction periods.
The report provides information and insights into Komatsu’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
- Komatsu is leveraging key disruptive technologies to improve its operational efficiency and service capabilities. IoT, connectivity, cloud, augmented & virtual reality, big data, 3D printing, drones, mobile, AI, robotics, autonomous vehicles, analytics, modular construction, e-commerce and digitalization, are the key technologies under focus for the company.
- In 2019, Komatsu introduced the HITeC in Germany. The center is located near its test sites and consists of construction machinery simulators, state-of-the-art workstations, four projections screens, and virtual reality rooms.
- Komatsu Training Academy (KTA) is established to provide customized training support including recognized courses and modules, technical and management training, vocational educational courses, skill-based development programs, etc. to its construction and mining customers through online channels, on-site, or at customers’ premises. It is located at Komatsu Technical Education center (KTEC), Brisbane.
- Komatsu has been investing in digital technologies, such as cloud, autonomous hauling trucks, drones and 3D modelling, and connected various construction platforms across the construction sites to collect and analyze data points, and improve its research and surveys, planning, construction management and inspections processes
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Komatsu’s construction operations.
- Gain insights into its construction strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnership strategies of Komatsu Ltd.