DBS Group Holdings, through principal subsidiary DBS Bank, offers a range of banking and financial solutions that include current, savings, multi-currency, and business accounts; debit and credit cards; fixed deposits; and personal and professional loans. It provides insurance coverage for life, health, travel, cars, accidents, education, and business. The company also offers wealth management, treasury products, cash management, trade finance, private banking, institutional banking, online banking, and advisory and capital markets solutions. Its priority markets include India, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
This report explores DBS’s digital transformation strategies. It provides extensive insight into its technology initiatives, covering partnerships and product launches. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budget for 2020.
- DBS has made significant investments in virtual private cloud infrastructure to reduce the number of physical servers and the size of data centers. Today, 93% of existing applications operate in the new environment and 99% of applications have been migrated from physical servers to the virtual private cloud.
- DBS is strengthening its digital expertise with the appointments of digital executives to its technology leadership team. In 2019, DBS promoted Bidyut Dumra as its head of innovation to enhance the digital capabilities of the employee base and create new products and experiences.
- In 2018, DBS established the Platform Operating Model to combine people across geographies and functions to collaborate on 33 platforms, enabling them to share data, resources, and reusable assets across the bank.
Reasons To Buy
- Learn about DBS’s fintech operations, including investments, product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- Gain insight into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Discover which technology themes are under the group’s focus.